Saturday, October 18, 2014

Spark Student Motivation: Participation Signs

Encouraging others and praising others' ideas is a big part of my classroom, so I'd like to share an easy way I promote this: PARTICIPATION SIGNS!
 
 
I designed these signs because these are "common sayings" I use in our classroom every day!
Now I have a prop!
I love audience participation and these signs take it one step further. (Plus, the kids think they're fun!)
 I like to use these signs when I introduce something new to my class or to highlight a student's deep thinking. I actually used them at open house too when I showed our parents some of the features of our classroom! :)
 

They love holding the signs to praise each other too! They presented their biographies this week and they wanted to give each other recognition.
Applause Sign=Happy Student!

Let's be honest...who wouldn't feel good after getting a "WHOOP WHOOP" after being nervous about presenting in front of your entire class??!!

These signs make everyone smile!
I leave them on the chalk tray of my board for easy access to use at any celebratory moment!



I created these signs as posters and cut them in half and glued them on foam board. They are reversible, so I can flip the OOOOOH and AHHHHHH signs over.
You could make them on legal sized paper or poster board for you classroom.
**You'll get a very exciting response! :)

I hope you had a wonderful week! Please link up any lessons, ideas, tips, tricks, incentives, ANYTHING you do get your students motivated or excited!
Don't forget to grab my button and link back to this post!
Check out all the wonderful ideas from my friends who link up and don't forget to leave some love by commenting....we LOVE comments!
***Please include the topic in the link up with your blog name.

15 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love a little applause??? Great idea, Joanne!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I can totally see my middle schoolers getting into this! i might just have to make smaller ones that could stay at kids desks - this might even fit into Marzano! :)

    -Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these signs--and mounting them on foam board is a great idea. Love the way the colors pop too! Are you planning to put them in your TPT store?

    I Have 2 Questions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable idea! I'm going to try it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess who has some mounting board just sitting around looking for a purpose - I do, I do. Thanks for this awesome idea - so glad to be stealing your ideas again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing idea! However, I'm not so good at creating things like this on my own. Is there any way I can get your version?

    adecker@aquin.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always do the same praise things and forget all the little things my bag of tricks... I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!
    Kelli
    Tales of a Tenacious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there anyway I can get these from you? Are they in you TPT store? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea!! I use similar signs when we put on a class play, but I never thought about using for everyday learning celebrations. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your signs are great! My kids would love these! Thanks for sharing!

    Smiles,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are these offered in your TpT store? Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its been pretty necessary for the teachers to teach their students in such a way that they will be able to grant every possible guides within some meaning and interest. apa personal statement

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you share this file or is it on your tpt? stacy.tait@ocps.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. BSNL speed test tool to test broadband speed on new bandwidth meter display on PC or mobile screen and find how to increase the broadband speed if slow speed identified in the test result with new measures to take on increase the BSNL bandwidth. BSNL speed test State owned telecom ISP Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited provides mobile, broadband and Fiber internet (FTTH) services to their valued customers with new speed test meter by submitting how to get rid from slow internet today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...