Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Workshop Wednesday-Organizing Reading Groups

I'm excited to be linking up with the AMAZING Jivey for her Workshop Wednesday-Organizing Reading Groups.


 
In intermediate grades I've never really used running records, but I do use anecdotal records.  These quick notes drive my instruction and form my groups. I don't take notes everyday, but I like to jot down something when I see a skill mastered or in need of remediation. This informal assessment is kept on a clipboard at my reading group table. Sometimes I jot down the notes when my students are at my groups and sometimes I jot them down in between groups. I keep track of my records on this clipboard:

I stack Post-its (you know I heart them!) on top of each other starting at the bottom and work my way up to the top. I write the name of each student on the bottom of the post-it.


 After a student's post-it is filled, I move it to their "Anecdotal Recording Keeping Page" in a binder. This binder is a great resource for conferences or for students to see their growth and challenges as readers. (this is not a real student) For me, this form of tracking is doable because it's a short quick observation and easy to keep track of. Hope you find this tip useful! Go check out Jivey's blog to see more from wonderful bloggers!

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh post its. How I love thee. ;-) thanks for linking up! :)
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this idea- so simple and having the "Anecdotal Recording Keeping Page" to put them all on is brilliant- I love things like this, so simple, fast and efficient!

    I'll be giving this a go!
    Thanks!
    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love post-its too!! Especially the ones with the lines (and the neon ones...and the tiny ones...just all of them!!)

    Y'all are so good with your anecdotal notes!! :O)
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an AWESOME idea! I love the way you write on the post-it notes and then just transfer them to each student's individual page. So smart.

    I am doing this. For real. :)

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew if I read your post I would get another idea to steal - you did not disappoint. I need to get better at writing anecdotal notes - thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education( RBSE) conducts final board examinations for the students of Rajasthan. It is a school level exam that examines the students who have completed a prescribed course of study Rajasthan 10th Model Paper 2021 and awards certificates to the qualifying students. The board exams. RBSE 10th model paper is available on this website in PDF format for the students to download.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...