Saturday, May 23, 2015

Spark Student Motivation: Prize Line!

Can you see the finish line??!! Here's an idea that's super easy, can be implemented immediately, and will get your students motivated to behave for these last days of school!

A prize line? Yes! It's a great visual and will get your students excited as soon as they see it in your classroom! My BBB Diane from Fifth in the Middle linked up with this idea and I knew I had to implement it in our classroom. I don't like to show all "my tricks" during the year...we have to save some of them until the end so they have something to work for!
Of course, I always like to peak my students' curiosity, so I hung all the prizes on Monday morning and let them stare at that amazing line of prizes ALL DAY! I didn't tell them until Tuesday that it was a prize line and they could earn/win prizes from it. I don't have a "real plan" of how I will reward students with it because I want it to be spontaneous! I love the visual of the prizes hanging before their eyes and wanting to win! I've overheard them all talking about what they'd pick if they got to choose off the prize line! Yay!

 
You can put anything you want on your prize line! My prize line has snacks, school supplies, little toys, candy, tickets, homework passes, Scan to Win tickets, and coupons for other rewards.
 
 So far, I've picked students for random acts of kindness (bigger acts) in our classroom. This sweetie won an entire bag of candy from a different contest and shared it with the entire class! Then she gave a handful of her candy to another student because she was really hungry. One of my students told me how generous this sweetie was, never announcing herself the credit she deserved for being kind. (these are the acts I love to hear about!)
 

This next random act of kindness occurred out of school at the skating rink. We had a Skate Night for our school and one of my students got injured and was crying on benches. This kindhearted young lady went and bought her a slushy with her own money to cheer her up. I witnessed this event and found it so touching (and so did her dad)! It warms my heart when kids help each other (especially this time of year!). I made an announcement the next day about the event and everyone said she should get to pick from the prize line. :) Guess what else happened the next day? Before my injured student left the rink, she asked me what my other student's favorite candy was. So on the way to school, she bought her some Skittles to thank her for trying to cheer her up!

 
We have 7 days left of school, so I plan on using this prize line at least once a day...(participation, helping others, great behavior, etc.) I know it will keep my students motivated and excited!!!
 
I hope you had a wonderful week! Please link up any lessons, ideas, tips, tricks, incentives, ANYTHING you do get your students motivated or excited!
Don't forget to grab my button and link back to this post!
***Please include the topic in the link up with your blog name.

~This link up will be open for two weeks. For summer, Spark Student Motivation will not be posted every week, but the second Saturday of each month. Happy Summer!


 

11 comments:

  1. Love the prize line - I love building excitement in the classroom. My students have started coming in Monday mornings looking for new things in the classroom! I think principal should put a prize line up in the staffroom!! Enjoy the end of your year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea ~ especially as we head into the homestretch and need ways to keep kids on target! This will certainly do the trick!

    -Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an AWESOME idea! I'm going to have to remember this for next year. We had auctions with their left over school money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank for sharing!Great! Thanks for such post and please keep
    ----
    facebook movil gratis and facebook móvil and apply facebook iniciar sesion celular gratis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its been so true to build some good campaign from your course and these will almost deliver better understanding for the students to what kind of the situations they might face in future. how to write a good research paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had penned your thoughts beautifully. I’m looking for more content like this. Till then, you can create your birth chart by using the Free Kundli Calculator.

    Best time to plan child according to Kundli || Baby name as per horoscope || IVF Pregnancy and Astrology

    ReplyDelete
  7. The author's writing style heardle captivates the reader and draws them in. I couldn't put it down till the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome lolbeans post. Thank you so much for sharing this valuable information with us. I am sure now that those school days will be much funnier fnf all kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being a slow learner does not mean you cannot succeed academically. With effective study strategies and techniques, you can enhance your learning experience and improve your performance. Break down your study sessions into smaller, manageable tasks. Set realistic goals for each session and celebrate your achievements along the way. This approach will help you stay motivated and focused. Read more about Top 7 Study Tips for Slow Learners.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...