Saturday, December 13, 2014

Spark Student Motivation: Random Acts of Kindness


RANDOM ACTS OF CHRISTMAS KINDNESS!

Our class brainstormed 12 different acts of kindness we could perform for the last 12 days of school before Christmas. They were very thoughtful with their ideas and here's some of what we've accomplished so far:

Our little pre-k students are so adorable! We visited their classroom to share our Christmas cheer. This also served as a great practice for our singing at the nursing home. They were a great audience and clapped for all our songs. I know my students felt proud with their smiling faces as we left their classroom.
 One of my favorite ideas...I created bookmarks and laminated them for my students to secretly place them in books in our media center. We chose some of the Sunshine State Readers and popular books so they would be sure to be found very soon! My students were so excited to go on this "mission"! One of my students said, "Mrs. Miller, kids are going to be so happy if they find these bookmarks!" We signed the bookmarks Love, Mrs. Miller's Class, so they'd know they were placed in the books on purpose.
 Our first act of kindness was to leave money for a cold drink on the soda machine. My students were so funny about this one! They kept asking me if the money was gone, who took it, did anyone say anything? A few days later we received a note with these candies thanking us for our act of kindness. :) My kids were THRILLED! They experienced the "paying it forward"!
 A tradition in  my classroom is to meet at the nursing home and sing Christmas carols. I've done this since my second year of teaching and it warms my heart every year! I love the feeling it gives my students, my parents, and the residents of the nursing home. It's a wonderful experience and will be a lifelong memory for everyone. EVERY student came dressed up with smiles on their faces!
(The picture on the left are two of my students with my silly daughter-red hair).
We also wanted to warm the hearts and bodies of the teachers who have outside morning duty and the front office staff! We've had some cold weather this week in Florida!

We have four more days planned for next week to finish our "mission"!

As teachers we teach so much more than academics, we teach our students to be good citizens. While doing so, we create memories and experiences they'll treasure for a lifetime!

**This linkup will be open for the next three weeks, feel free to link up each week if you'd like! 
I hope you had a wonderful week! Please link up any lessons, ideas, tips, tricks, incentives, ANYTHING you do get your students motivated or excited!
Don't forget to grab my button and link back to this post!
Check out all the wonderful ideas from my friends who link up and don't forget to leave some love by commenting....we LOVE comments!
***Please include the topic in the link up with your blog name.

9 comments:

  1. I love your random acts of kindness. This year, once a week, my students write a positive message on a post-it note (ie. you rock, you have a great smile, etc) We then collect them up and have two students deliver them to a classroom. My students love walking around the other classrooms delivering these messages. They always come back with stories of how happy it made the other students.

    Kim
    Quinnessential Lessons

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super idea because it truly "walks the walk" of how it is better to give than to receive. :)

    -Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Ideas. I tell my kiddos all the time, it is what you do/say rather than what you buy that makes a difference.

    Ms. Chae Charges In!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bookmarks in the media center! Very motivating in deed!! Merry Christmas friend!

    Susan
    PassioninPortableland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post,Thanks for providing us this great knowledge,Keep it up.
    A good blog.
    ----
    facebook movil | five nights at freddy's demo | five nights at freddy's | fnaf 3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories. Krushia

    ReplyDelete
  7. After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article. The Random Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  8. APKFun.com has been helping people download Android APKs directly to their phones and computers since 2014.

    We download and store more than 10 million files, including older versions that aren't available on Google Play.

    We also support country-restricted apps; if you require an app/game that is not available on Google Play in your country, use Google to search: "your app name + APKFun.com", and then go to apkfun.com to download it quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Transform your home heating experience with smart radiator valves UK! These innovative devices offer precise control over the temperature in each room, allowing you to customize your comfort while saving on energy costs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...